Friday, February 17, 2012

Cinammon Apple Donuts

So I made a few batches of donuts with our left over Cinnamon apples and left over icing (from a carrot cake I made last Sunday). The kids love them. One of my strategies for GF baking is to avoid cooking things that need to rise. I have successfully gotten baked things to rise (such as bread) BUT I have failed many more times. For Christmas we bought ourselves a mini donut maker which is basically an electric top and bottom pan that is donut shaped. This batter could also be used in a waffle maker (that is same thing but different shape) or a cake pop pan.

Ingredients:
2 cups of  Cinnamon apples
1 cup of Gluten Free baking mix (I make my own 2 parts rice flour, 1 part potato starch, 1 part soy flour, 1 part corn starch)
5 eggs (can use less I just like a lot of protein)
icing (recipe coming later)

Directions: 
1. Put cinnamon apples then baking mix, then eggs
2. Process until well mixed and apples have no more big chunks
3. Put in donut maker, or top bottom pan, waffle maker, etc 
4. Cook until done and put on icing

Our mini donut maker is sold on Amazon :





 

No comments:

Post a Comment